Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Svelte

So over the weekend I went out and got a new belt. I guess all this time in the gym is paying off since the right places are getting smaller. I still wouldn't call myself fit, but my roommate did call me "svelte", which I've never heard before. After looking it up, I think I know why;

svelte - adjective, svelt-er, svelt-est.
1. slender, esp. gracefully slender in figure; lithe
2. suave; blandly urbane

from dictionary.com

Yeah, none of those would normally describe me. I think my roommate's on something. Anyway, I'm starting to think I should do a 5k or something, since that would definitely help me with my goals of getting lean. The Love 'em or Leave 'em is about 4 1/2 weeks away - wonder if I could be ready in time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Svelte is an excellent word.

Have you heard of the "Couch to 5k Challenge"? It's supposed to get you ready for a 5k in 2 months, but if you're already working out you could probably shorten it. Google it, yo.

I Am Joram said...

I looked up the "Couch to 5k Challenge" and sure enough, it's very similar to the program I've been using. I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, but I skipped a few weeks to where I thought I was in running capabilities - I'll be finished with week 5 tonight.

World of BRi said...

You live with a runner and you don't ask these questions? I did the Love 'em or Leave 'em 5k last year. Totally flat, once around Green Lake, about 1000 people. It was nice.

Let me know if you want help.

I Am Joram said...

Totally flat?! Good to hear.