Coming from sports background where everything is practices dozens, hundreds of times to get it right just once, I wanted to simulate the 5K run I'll be running in two weeks; First step was to do it outdoors. Running on the flat ground will be different than running on a treadmill and also, I will have to deal with the chilly weather. So, this morning I decided to use my newly purchased tights and run in the cold. My roommate, Bri, decided to come along, which kind of surprised me since her running is at a much higher level. Well, I guess she's having a lot pain from the training, but wanted to run, but not her usual long distance.
After getting dressed from the cold morning, we headed toward the Burke-Gilman trail. Oh god it was cold! I only wanted to run about 15 minutes, so we started running in one direction and at 15 minutes, we would turn around and head back to my truck. The run started out cold, but thank god, I warmed up. While I struggled jogging and making sure I had no snot dripping down my nose, Bri just jogged easily and chatted away. As she talked, I could just muster a word here and there, cause, I was running out of breath. We ended up running just a little over 15 minutes in one direction before heading back. The total run ran just over 31 minutes and Bri estimated that we ran about 2.75 miles. Overall, the run was fun and a good experience, so I will try to run outside again before the 5k.
Oh yeah, Kibbie the cat is back!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment