A few people has asked me about my roommate, how I met her and how long have we known each other; well, to my knowledge I met her one night when my former neighbors, Susan and Stefani, had invited me for a little get together.
It all started out as any other day except I have been invited by Susan and Stefani to come to their apartment for a little party. Being someone who just graduated and who just started job at a sales position, I needed to see some old friends and to just get away for a bit. I headed up to Seattle to Susan's and Stefani's apartment. Now, my memory is pretty hazy, so I'm not even sure which party it was (Susan and Stefani had several parties that year), but it was in the audience I overheard Bri talking about text messaging. She was talking about not initially paying the extra for text messaging, but after she was sending dozens of text messages a day, it was more than worth it to pay the $5 for the service rather than the 10 cents a text. Bri had attended the party because she was friends with one of Susan's friends. Now, I don't remember really talking to her that night, but the seed had been planted.
The first time I remember actually hanging out with Bri was one Summer night when Susan, Bri, Jeremy & me decided to spend some friends night out together. That night, we ended up bowling, playing pool and eating at Denny's. Since it was a long night and it was fairly late for me to drive home from Seattle, Bri offered me her 2nd bedroom to sleep in. I accepted the offer and spent the night at her place in Edmonds. I was so exhausted that night that when I woke up the next morning, I totally didn't know where I was. It took me a few moments to realize where I was and what I was doing there. I remembered that Bri was going to go to the work in the morning, but I could stick around longer. When I woke up, Bri was still in sleeping. I then decided to just make myself at home and started watching some TV. This was 2004, the year of the Olympics. We ended up watching some track and field off the Canadian station (I enjoyed their coverage more that NBC because their coverage was actually live!). Anyway, the Olympic entertained us for a few. Now, there was one event, where Bri couldn't wait to find out who won, so she decided to go online to find out the results... I reminded her that it was live, so there is no way in hell the results would be posted yet. Either she ignored me or just didn't hear me, but she kept refreshing the page to see if it would update. This would be the Bri I know today :).
Actually, you know what? I think the first time I met Bri was when she came over to Susan's apartment to plan out their Hawaii trip. I remember them going on Susan's computer, looking up car rental and trip information. All this time, I was sitting on Susan's bed freaking out about finding a career. Oh hell, my memories not so crystal clear anymore. I should talk about something more recent - tomorrow, I did the Puyallup!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hhahaha. i had completely forgotten about watching the Olympics!!
Post a Comment