I am Joram and I attended Bumbershoot. For anyone that doesn’t know, Bumbershoot is Seattle’s Music & Arts Festival that happens every year on Labor Day weekend. My friend Adam was going to it, so I decided to head down to it and see what the festival had to offer this year. Now, normally, when people go to this festival, everyone has an idea on what they are going to see – unfortunately for me, I had no idea on what band or festivities were being offered this year.
I knew there would be a ridiculous amount of traffic downtown Seattle. I immediately saw signs of it as there was a 1 mile backup on the exit for the Bumbershoot. Luckily, I know enough of Seattle roads, that I took a different exit and avoided most of the traffic. Not wanting to deal anymore traffic and waiting, I ended up parking at Denny park, a good walk from Seattle Arts Center. I walk the mile or so to SAC and even though the gates have only opened for about half an hour, there was already a line that was looping around the sidewalks. I give my friend a call and tell him I’ll be in line for a while – he suggests getting into the cash only line since it moves faster. I check my wallet and I have $34, but the tickets are $35 – freak! After a long wait in line, I finally get in and start roaming around.
It takes me about 2hrs to find Adam (my cell phone kept going out) and I meet his friend Melissa. We try to a comedy show, but that was unfortunately filled up already. We walk over to a stage and watch some five scantily clad ladies dance for a bit. We get bored and move on. We look over the schedule and try to plan out the rest of our afternoon. After aimlessly walking around for about half an hour, Melissa decides to go home and take a nap. She tells us that she’ll join us later in the evening after the nap. After wandering around for a bit more, Adam and I get in line for a comedy show, Next Week’s News with Andy Borowitz. Other than Andy Borowitz, there were two other guys on stage and they were hilarious. The joke of the moment seems to be about the Senator being caught in the bathroom soliciting sex. I haven’t had internet or TV all week, so I knew nothing of the matter. After the show, we went out and get some food. Overpriced food.
After a quick break, we went in line for the Michael Ian Black comedy show, an hour and half before it began. So, in line we waited to be let in. The wait paid off as we got into the show and we walked right by these unfortunate souls who would have to miss the show. Michael Ian Black was funny and he had a couple comedians show up with him. The show only lasted an hour, but it was hilarious. After the show, we decided it has been a long day and to just head home. Since Adam rode the bus down, I gave him a ride home. I drove back home to find that Bri has unpacked a few more things. Also she stopped by the office to fill a work order and pay the entire months rent. In the slight chaos of the last few days, I forgot that today was the 1st. I guess summer is pretty much over, at least I got one day for Bumbershoot in me.
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment