It started out as any other day yesterday until I was at home hungry. I told my roommate of my hunger and she suggested that we walk to McDonalds.
"Oh heck no! That place is like a mile away! And we live on a hill, so we'll have to walk uphill on the way back."
With my objection, we decided to just sit around and watch some TV instead. So we sit around and flip through the stations. Unfortunately, there was nothing worth on TV to watch, so with gritted teeth, I agreed to Bri's idea. We grab some walking shoes and prepared for our trek. I decide to leave my keys behind since I didn't want to take any extra weight along with me, also Bri was going to take hers.
We head and out not more than 2 steps from the door when she has an even better idea and suggest we run to McDonalds.
"Oh heck no! I'm going back in. Wait, I don't have a key."
I had no way to get back into the apt. so I had to keep up with her. Well, fortunately she agreed to just walk. We make our way down to Micky-Ds, carefully avoiding traffic and crossing streets all in the dark. Sure, a few cars came pretty close to us, but they were probably thinking we were crazy for walking on the sidewalk-less streets at night.
When we got to MDs, I order a double cheeseburger and a sundae, while Bri ordered a diet coke and a sundae herself. We find a table sit to eat our food and sundaes. I later learn that those two items I order contained 770 calories, which was quite considerably more than what I burned on the walk down and on the walk back. Even if combined with what Bri would have burned on the round trip, the double cheeseburger and sundae would still have been more! Anyway, after we were done, we started to head back.
Avoiding slugs on the road, a late night biker and more crazy drivers, we make it back to our apt safe and sound. The next day, my chins are stiff from the walking and I walk funny at work all day. Gawd I'm fat! Well, another fun-filled night! Next time, I'll talk about the prima-donna cat!
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment