It started out as any other day; woke up, head to work, come home for some relaxation, but things took a turn when my roommate came home. Ok, she first found me singing to some Britney Spears, what?! I don't care, you'd start singing with "oops I did it again" if you heard it yourself. Anyway, after Bri laughed at me for my performace, she went to the kitchen to make her dinner. It was while eating that things got interesting. She was having some wine with her mac and cheese. After a short discussion, we decided to go to Trader Joe's to get some more wine.
We headed out and as we were getting into Bri's car, a moth or some sort of bug come flying out at her and she lets out this "RAWR", which was quite amusing. Pretty sure half the apt complex heard her. I know, our neighbors heard her since they were in the parking lot. It was a noise not easily consiviable of coming out of Bri, I mean, it was, "RAWR!" We laugh about it on the way to the store.
After some crazy driving and getting a little lost, we came back home with four bottles of wine. Yes, four. We open one each and proceed to enjoy our Monday night. Wow, it was about then I realize it was Monday. I will be drinking on a Monday. Ok, I'll keep it civilized. It was for the most part, but around 9 o'clock we decided we should stop drinking. Bri compares our bottles of wine and sees that I had drinking just slightly more than her. She then remembers that she had a drink before we went to the store. Just then, our competitive sides really kicked in. I pulled the cork from my bottle and proceeded to pour more wine into my glass. Bri decides to do the same thing. We pour about the same amount into our glasses and after she corked her bottle again, I pour just a little bit more in my glass. Shocked, Bri grabs my glass and takes a drink to match the amount in our glasses. I then just said screw it and took a drink from the bottle of wine. After a few laughs, we put our bottles away and walk back to the living room and drink our last glass of wine. We reminisce about drunken past and good times in college. After we finished our drinks, we throw our glasses in the dishwasher and decide to head to bed, since it still is a Monday and we both have work in the morning.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment