Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Cruising on the Lake

It started out like any other day, except I didn't have be in at work until an hour later. I thought I could sleep in, but after some drinking last night, I kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking I was late for work - which I was later on. Anyway, I did wake up with plenty of time to get ready for work, but apperantly, leaving an hour later for work doubled my commute time. I expected some extra delays, but not as much as I experienced this morning. I came into work an hour later than usual because today was my company's annual cruise. Our company treats everyone on a little cruise around Lake Washington as a little thank you. The cruise started an hour later than when I usually start work, so I asked my boss to let me come in later, so I didn't have an hour of just sitting around.
Well, as work ended, school busses pulled up by our building which was going to take us to Kirkland, where our cruise ship was waiting. I got on the first bus, so I was one of the first people on the boat. And one of the first people to get food! After some food and drinks, me and a few other coworkers just sat up on the top deck. I tried going down on the lower deck with the music, but when I first walked in there; the place reeked of alcohol, and it was just hot and muggy. It was like a frat party. I then decided to pretty much spend the rest of the cruise on the top deck, getting some of Seattle's last sun. Overall, it was fun and nice to enjoy some sun on the company's wallet.

No comments: