I am Joram and I watched TV. Another Sunday gone and I spent most of it just watching the tele. I tried to get some excercise in, but I was plain exhausted, so I decided to give myself a day off. Oh, I'll definitely do some aerobic or what not tomorrow. I watched the Seahawks play againsts the 49ers. Hooray! They won. While watching some TV, I ended up seeing this Old Navy commercial. It had a girl singing as the background about a sweater. That voice and song ended up getting to me. I did a little reasearch and found out the singer's name is Ingrid Michaelson and the song's name is "The Way I Am". I'm not sure if the song has been used in other medias, but it is from her album, "Girls and Boys". In any case, I am like this this song and the whole song can be heard here.
This isn't the first commercial with a song that I just had to find and listen to. The last one that got to me had to be the Christmas commercial for DeBeers. Go ahead, click on the link. Awww, yeah. This one is by Cat Powers and sadly there is no copy of the full song out there. Its commercials like these that makes me want to start learning to play the guitar. I wonder if I can make memorable music like these with my clarinet? No, no, no, that won't work, I can't sing and play the clarinet at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment