Monday, September 3, 2007

I worked today

I am Joram and I worked today. It has been over a week since I came into work. I had taken the week off to ease the stress of moving, so today I came into work. My coworkers wasn’t expecting me to come in until tomorrow, but I figured today was a good day to catch up on my last week’s emails and other work. As usual, I had a lot of email that I have been stacking up in my inbox since last week. Luckily, I got through all of them before lunch. Although, I did ignore all the ones that had my other team members CC’d. I figured, if they got it, they would have the request or answer the question or whatnot.

Since my coworkers wasn’t expecting me come in tomorrow, I was surprised that they had a little pot luck going. I lucked out though, since one of my cubicle members was heading to the store to pick up some stuff and I decided to come along. We picked up a few items for people, including my cinnamon rolls. We had a lot of food and they were only four of us. At the end of the day, there was still a lot of food sitting around.

After work, I headed straight home to find Bri painting her toes and watching Friday Night Lights, finally back from her trip to her mom’s in Federal Way. After the movie, we headed to Safeway to pick up some food – I am not really sure why, since our cupboards are over flowing with food right now. We exited Safeway with our food and Bri headed to the gas station. I’m not really sure what has going through her mind, but somehow, she pulled up the wrong side of her car to the pump. She said that her mom’s was on that side, and that is why she got the wrong side.
“Riiiiight”
After a little embarrassment, she swung the car around to get the right side to the pump. We got the gas and headed home. After we put the food away, Bri decided our place needed some decorations. She was right. She brought down her pictures to the living room and I brought mine down. We then proceeded to put a few pictures up – well, she did, I just continued eating my dinner and watcher her use her pink hammer… yes, she has a pink hammer. We didn’t get all our pictures up, but we agreed that we do need more in our living room. We then started talking about getting our cable hooked up tomorrow and we hooked up the TV to the wall. After that, we were going to talk about the setup upstairs – the cable outlet is in her room and I need it in my room – but somehow we got distracted by the TV and we started to watch Old School. Actually, I started to watch Old School, Bri had a call and she missed most of the movie. Well, another ho-hum day at work and an interesting night at home. Right now, we are still continuing organizing our place and hope to have it ready as soon as possible so that we may have a little house-warming party. That of course is still in the works.

No comments: