Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Day In Shelton

-Shelton
So I drove down to Shelton to update the tabs on the truck. I get to Shelton, but by the time I get there, the DOL is already closed for the day, so I will have to go back some other time. While there, I decide to call up a couple friends to see if what they are doing for the day. I call Trevor first.
-Trevor
I drive over to Trevor's parents house and find him and his dad in the garage working on a dirt bike. Not really sure what they were working on, but it looks like they've just gone through changing the liquids of the dirt bike. I later find out that Trevor drove it through some deep water and water got into the engine. As Trevor was running the engine, some oil started to spill in one area. The engine is shut off and Trevor opens up the oil well. He finds that the O ring has been compromized. Trevor then decides to head to Napa to get a new one.
-One Ring
I join Trevor on his drive to Napa for a new O ring. We get there and get some help pretty fast. The girl breaks out a few boxes full of O rings and start trying to find a match to the ring that Trevor needed. We find two close match, but not a match. Trev buys the closest one and we head back to the dirt bike. Trevor tries the O ring and unfortunately it's too thick. We then try another auto store. Again, we find some O rings, but not an exact match. He tries an O ring which is slightly smaller, so when used, it'll be stretch and hopefully it match the thickness. We go back to the dirt bike. Once again, the O ring isn't a match. We then head out again to try a few other stores and this time, Trevor isn't buying it unless it is an exact mach. The first stop we make is Lumbreman's. Just like the other stores, they don't have a match. We go down the road and try another auto store and the clerk tells us that he doesn't have any O rings of that type and suggest a couple places. We go up the road and try a dirt bike store - nope, they don't have a match. We try another hardware store. We get pointed to the section with all the O rings and things start looking up. We find a match. We return to the dirt back and Trevor tries the O ring. It fits. Finally, an afternoon of trying to find a $1 replacement for his dirt bike.
-"I hit a deer"
As Trevor and I were driving around Shelton finding an O ring we BS around and one of his stories just stuck out, just because it is very Trevor. The stories goes a little something like this;
"Did I ever tell you that I hit a deer?"
I reply, "You went hunting?"
"No, I hit a deer while I was on my dirt bike"
"What?!
I couldn't believe it, I had to actually say it outloud myself to believe that sentence. He continues to tell me the story. I guess, he was out riding his bike aroundwith his brother on some gravel road when he noticed a deer on the side of the road. He tried slowing down, but with the gravel road, it made it difficult to stop. He was going ~50 mph when he hit the deer. From the story I end up hearing from his brother, Trevor and his bike ended up flipping in the air a few times. Unfortunately for Trevor, it was a hot day that day, so he wasn't wearing as much body protection as he would normally would. Trevor ended up going to the ER and ended up with a road rash all over his body. He is fine now, so as he told me this story, all I could do was laugh. The deer? Well, after getting hit, it pranced off into the woods, surely to taunt Trevor another day.
-Adam
After eating some pizza at Trevor's place, I head over to Adam's parents' house. I heard they got a new house and was interested in seeing it. I get there and they seem to just have started dinner. If this was the old me, I would have joined right in, but I declined since I just ate and looked around the new house. After Adam was eating, he showed me around the house a bit more. After the tour, he showed me the latest Zelda game on the Wii.
-Planet Terror
After his parents were done eating, they joined us in the living room. Adam then started a new DVD he just got, Planet Terror. For those that don't know, it's a film by Robert Rodriguiez and like his other films, it's just pure entertaiment. How can you go wrong with a movie with zombies and a stripper with a gun for a leg?
-I haz cheezburger
At some point in the night, Adam tells me that he has accepted a job for the website, I haz cheezburger. I was quite surprised and excited at this news. This internet cat phenomenon is getting out of control, funny, but out of control. I tell him that the internet geek world is just eating up these cats and I offer him my roommate's cat as a cat he can use for the site.

Well, that's my day in Shelton. I only came down to renew my tabs, but unfortunately, I couldn't get that done, but instead just hanged out with a couple of friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in Shelton too. Wow, with the three of us there all at the same time, Shelton got a bit classier, didn't it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.