Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I am Eating a Dilly Bar

I am Joram and I'm eating a Dilly Bar. Yummy. Brings back memories. I remember my first Dilly Bar from Dairy Queen; I had just moved to Shelton and the 3rd glad class I was in was having a little math competition. The teacher was giving a timed multiplication table problems and you had to get a 100% to move on to the next one. It started with the 1s, then 2s, then 3s and so on. Well, being a math whiz back in the day, I zoomed right through the lower #s and finally reach the double digits. I stubled a little with the 12s, since I only practiced up to 10s. Anyway, at certain points, the teacher would take you to DQ for a treat if you past the quizzes. I think there was one after the 7s and then after the 12s, I'm not sure - I can't remember as well in my old age. I pass enough of the test and at lunch, she took me and another person to DQ since we were the victors that week. I've never been to DQ before, the only fast food places I knew then were McDos and Jolibee. I get my Dilly Bar and then I realize, people get treats for doing well in school in this country. Oh snap! I would later earn an outragous amount of awards that I don't even want anymore. Seriously, I got tired of awards, it was like, "oh, another one, put it on the pile". Luckily, I ran into more smart people as I progress through life which made earning awards a little harder. So that's my story of my first Dilly Bar.

Now the last dilly bar I had was, hmm... Pretty sure it was from the summer of 2000, the last days of summer, with Michelle, after our trip to Wild Waves. Has it really been seven years since I've had one? There was that time with Adam and Danielle, I think I ordered a Blizzard. Ok, this is just gibberish now.

1 comment:

World of BRi said...

at least when you eat a Dilly bar, you don't wind up with chocolate all over your hands and shirt. seriously. i'm like a five year old.