Sunday, October 7, 2007

Red Robins has Pasta?!

It all started out as any other day on Saturday until I got a call from Susan - All I planned on Saturday was do some Tae bo and laundry - did Tae bo in the morning and I was in the middle of doing laundry. Earlier in the day Bri asked me what I was up to? Laundry, video games and... that was it. What can I say, I'm boring. Bri goes out do to some shopping (laptop and pants) while I continue to do my laundry. Just as i was to go down for a nap, that was when Susan called me. She tells me that she and Stefani are meeting at Red Robins and invites me along. Having no other plans, I agree to meet them. Trying to avoid eating too much at Red Robins, I eat some salad before heading out. I then get ready and head to Red Robins.

Something about driving alone on the highway, I start contemplating about life; where I am heading, how'd I ended up here and just a lot of random questions... It was then I realized I missed a call. Really?! I was daydreaming so much that I missed a call, yet still managed to stay on the road. Anyway, I checked the voicemail and it's Melissa. I haven't seen her or talked to her since her birthday last December. Well, she wanted to have dinner, but unfortunately I was headed to another dinner. Man, I feel so needed (let me relish this for a moment)...

I ended up calling Melissa today, on Sunday, and ended up just leaving a message. Yay, phone tag. I would have called earlier, but I got to some heavy congestion on I-405. I hate traffic! After a long wait in the slow downs, I finally made it to Red Robins. As I'm heading into the restaurant, I see the lobby area, completely full. Oh, god, I hope the wait isn't long. I find Stefani and Susan in the crowd and they immediately stare at my long hair. I guess I've had short hair forever. After their initial shock from my hair, I ask them if they know how long the wait was. Stefani says about 20 minutes (LIES). I look over the crowd and I notice a bunch of teenagers all dressed up. I realized its homecoming week, hence the gaggle of dressed up high schoolers. Stefani notices one of the girls have way too much make up. I see the girl she's talking about and JEBUS CHRIST! Too much eye shadow and bright red lipsticks, yeah, she needs attention. I tell the girls to give her some advice on make up. They hesitate. I ask them if they're scared of the boys. I offer them protection, since the boys look like...kids. Did we really look that young when were teenagers? Anyway, after a long wait, we finally get our seats.

The waitress comes to our table fairly quickly and asks if we're ready to order
"No"
"Yes"
"Yes"
What?! The girls were ready, I wasn't. I tell the waitress to take their orders first. I decide to try something different and something I could save later. I fine a pasta dish. Red Robin's only pasta dish. With my order, the waitress disappears. We then play catch up. Well, mostly Susan, since Stefani and I have boring lives; we work and just hang out. Susan tells us about her busy life, grad school, and part time job. She also tells us about her stay in Victoria, B.C. She tells me of the hotel she stayed at had a strip club in it. What, what?! They is such a place in the Northwest?! She then tells us it has no cover charge. What, what, what, what, what! Hmmm, I'm really having trouble remembering what happened for the rest of the night.

Anyway, we enjoyed our meals and tried to make plans for another outing; Stefani has a halloween party and I also suggest we go to the haunted corn maze. The party is set for the Friday before Halloween, but we still have to plan the corn maze. I think we have to do it next weekend since Bri also wants to go and she'll only be free next weekend. Well, time for planning for next weekend and probably continue the phone tag.

No comments: