Saturday, March 15, 2008

Clothes Shopping

So, there is a downside to losing weight - your clothes not fitting you. Yeah, all my pants are way too big. I could actually put them on without unbuttoning them. With my pants not fitting me properly, I went out to buy some new pants at the mall. Took me way too long to find some pants that fit because, well, I didn't know my size anymore. Things were tight here, loose there, oh my god. I did end up finding some pants, but then I noticed that they were dry clean only. Bah! I'm not buying clothes you have to dry clean, I don't have the expense for that. So back to the racks to look for new clothes.

After some searching, I did find some pants that could be washed in the washer and since I had a good idea of my new size, finding some new pants was much simpler (run on sentence). It was good though, since the pants I ended up getting were much cheaper than the first ones I was looking. I was then heading out of the store, when I decided to stop by the sporting clothes section. Oh, ruined.

I ended up buying a couple of other clothes, a vest, to help with the cold runs, and a fleece pullover (zip-up?) for the chilli Spring runs. Ok, ok, I thought this is enough, I only came for pants. But then I notice a jacket that was very similar to what I had stolen from a few years past, so, I bought it. Then I bought a sweater too. Oh my god, I don't have the income for this? Why was I buying all these stuff? Oh yeah, it's a distraction for a distraction - riiiight.

Anyway, I thought I was done with the mall, I was wrong. I ended up at Finish Line looking for some new running shoes. I looked at a few and decided, "let me see what foot locker has".
Foot Locker didn't have much, so I went back to Finish Line. I then started eyeing the shoes more. I ended up trying one and it was uncomfortable. I don't care if it's the most popular shoe of 2007, I don't like it. I then start talking to one of the guys and I tell him about my crazy feet and running shoes; I tell him how one is suppose to be better for me, but uncomfortable and other which shouldn't be for me feels just right. After looking at a few options and him telling me about the shoes, I ended up trying another one. It felt better than the first one, but it still had some discomfort. He then recommends that I trying some new soles for it. I try it out on one shoe and boy it felt much better. I end up buying the shoe and some new soles.

Really?! I'm not made of money!

No, the story isn't done yet.

On the way back home, I stop at Target. Luckily this was a faster stop. I pick up a tie for Monday and a running hat and... I think that's it, maybe. I can't remember.

I'm done, right?

Nope!

I make another stop at Safeway for some food. I pick up some food for the next few days and my dinner to be cooked. Sigh.

Ok, ok, I'm bleeding money here.

I get home and get all my stuff into the apt. Oh, what's this waiting for me? A package. I nearly forgot, I ordered some stuff from the intertubes earlier in the week.

REally? Now I know where I waste all my money on. I really shouldn't shop with emotion.

No comments: