Friday, March 21, 2008

And I Spend My OT Money

For the last couple weeks I've been looking up information on bikes and trails - pretty much trying to get back into biking again. I decide that I will get a mountain bike since I can always run on the Burke-Gilman and Sammamish River trails. Anyway, after looking for a few places to go to around my apt and work, I ended up at a shop in Redmond.

I go in and talk to an old guy. He start telling me about some bikes. He uses terms like frame, crank, and derailer - I was so glad I have been reading up on bikes since just a week ago, I would not have known what he was talking about. After some talk, I decide to give one of them a test ride. I ride up and down the street shifting gears and seeing how the brakes works. I then decide to hop a sidewalk. It was at that moment, when I hopped that side walk, I decided I was going home with a bike today. I continue riding the bike around for a few more minutes. I go back into the store to look at this cheaper bike and give it a go. I take it outside and give it the same test, shifting gears, brakes, etc, and the first one just felt much better. I really wished that wasn't the case since the first bike test rode cost $100 more. After some thought, I decided, I don't care, I want a bike.

I go back to the store and tell the guy, I want that first bike. Well, with a new water bottle and taxes, my new bike cost over $500. I had intended to spend maybe only $300, but I opt for the better brakes and the frame. Actually, there a few more parts that are good, but I don't know, the guy went through them pretty fast. Well, I'll be spending the next couple weekend breaking this bike in and my legs too. Luckily, I've been running, so my stamina should be ok. Anyway, so that's how I spent my overtime money.

No comments: