Saturday, August 30, 2008

Virginia - Day 3

Stayed up later than I should have last night so that we could pick my mom and brother at the airport. Took them back to the house and my aunt started feeding them. I got up earlier today, around 8:00 am because I thought my cousin was going to take us to a waffle house, but not so. My mom didn't feel like going to a waffle house, my brother was indecisive and my cousin was still in bed. We ended up just cooking some traditional breakfast at the house. After breakfast and getting ready, we headed out so that my mom and brother could see some of Virginia.

We first stopped at the Douglas McArthur museum. We then rode the free bus around downtown (the bus driver just gave us a confused look). We then got on board the USS Wisconsin and got to see the battleship. That thing is huge! Went through the little museum about the navy ships. We then went to Dog-n-Burgers. Hmm, greasy food. Oh crap, I can't eat this and run on Sunday. These last few days is going to be hard on my run on Sunday. Poor diet and all these walking is tiring my legs.

After some food, we went back home. My aunt and uncle came back home from work and they took us for a ride around the area. Including on this ride is the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. That is one freaking long bridge. Oh, it is also a tunnel. Yes, in the middle of the bay, the bridge just goes down into the water into a tunnel twice. With a quick tour of the area, we... had food again. We went out for some Vietnamese food this time. With dinner done, my cousin and I headed out to Virginia beach.

We went to a club to meet up some of his friends. We ended up at a club that was having a drag show. Yes, we ended up at a gay club. If trying to talk to a girl at a club wasn't hard enough, add in the factors that she might be a he or that she is only into shes - things just got way harder. I had three drinks (should have been zero, I do have a run in just over a day), while my cousin had a little more that he should. I met some of his friends and we had a few good conversations. After the club, we headed to Denny's - oh, just like on the west coast. I tried to eat healthy, but that was just too difficult. Even my whole wheat toast, did not look like whole wheat. I ended up eating mostly carbs and avoided the salt enriched protein.

Oh my god, this run on Sunday should be easy since is almost completely flat, but I'm tired, been having poor diet and my training the last few weeks have been horrible. If my time in this run is more than my first 1/2 marathon, I'll be very unhappy.

No comments: