Well, I don't feel like conversing with her. I take a quick pic of myself before I fall asleep. I wake up every now and then from announcements and some snacks being served. A few hours later, I land in Chicago. I go to my gate to wait for my transfer plane to load.
Once again, its open seating. Once again I don't find some single girl to sit next to. Instead, I sit next to some guy and a grandmother. I quickly falls asleep after take off. I was so out this time around that I slept throught the flight attendant asking around what we'd like to drink. I did wake up when there were handing out snacks. Being up, the grandmother starts talking to me. Anyone that knows me, know that my brain doesn't function well immediately after waking up. The grandmother was saying a lot, but all I could do was nod in agreement. After a while, I realize that she's on her way to Virginia from Arkansas to visit his son and granddaughter. She continues telling me that her daughter in law doesn't like her and a lot of other stories. After a two hour flight, I have a rough landing at Virginia. My cousin meets me, I find my bag at baggage claim and we are on our way. I get to my aunt's house and my cousin show me to a room which I'll be staying at for the next week. My aunt and uncle comes home and we have dinner. I thought I could watch my diet before the run, but screw it! I don't get Filipino food like these everyday. Apperantly, my aunt is cooking even more for tomorrow when my mom finally joins me on this trip. After dinner, my cousin and I walk around the neighborhood to talk about running and him planning his job prospects for after school. After the walk, my aunt and uncle talk to me about me about my job prospects. I couldn't lie, I didn't really have one. They start giving me several advice, which all were good. They even offered me a place in Virginia to stay if I want a job here for $0 rent (Broomie, I'll have my stuff shipped over!). Nah, it is a nice offer, but I don't know yet. I will think about their advices, but for now my focus will be getting ready for the run on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment