I am Joram and I smell of bleach. I spent most of my day cleaning my old apt today. Luckily, my mom had come up and helped me clean the place. I also got rid of the cable modem from Comcast, so one less thing to do. I also went to the post office to do my forwarding address, but I guess we can do that online now (which I’ll have to do later). With my old place cleaned, I plan on turning the keys over tomorrow, although I probably should report that the garbage disposal is on the fritz (again).
With the place cleaned, I lead my mom to my new place and show her around a bit. I wanted to her to stick around for a bit, so that she could meet Bri, but my brother was bored and wanted to head home. Unfortunately, about 10 minutes after they left, Bri arrives.
“I missed Mommy Major.”
Ok, I’m not sure if that was her exact words, but something like that.
Anyway, I guess, they’ll have to meet each other another time. Bri once again come over, directly from work, to unload more of her stuff. I offer to help, but she says she could do it herself. Man, those uppity women, soon they’ll want to vote too!
With more stuff moved in, Bri asks me to help her move some large objects from her apt using my truck. We jump in my truck and head over to her old apt. About three miles from her place, we get caught up in some congestion. Apparently there was an accident that was causing a back up. I tell Bri to get out and just start running and I’ll catch up with her at her place. Even though it was a joke, it was also true. With Bri’s training, she definitely could have made it to her apt to pack up some more stuff.
We finally made it past the congestion and to her apt. We end up moving a TV stand, a chest and half of an IKEA chair (the other half has been sitting in our living room). The TV stand got a little dangerous because Bri just started laughing right before we were to go down the stairs. I don’t know if it was my statement,
“Sure, its funny to watch a fat kid fall down some stairs”
But she did mention about another time she was moving a couch with her friend Spring and she was laughing uncontrollably then too. We make our way back to our new place, luckily, there weren’t anymore traffic problems. Driving back, we go by this golf course and Bri mentions that she’ll probably meet her Mr. Right here; she’ll get hit with a golf ball as she is running by.
“Time to take up golf”, yeah no, that’s not what I said. That would be flirtatious, but instead, I mention about knowing someone who was hit with a golf ball and it was just bad times.
A few minutes later, we were back at our place. We start unloading and Bri starts out with her IKEA chair. Bri was finally glad to have her IKEA chair in one piece again. We move the rest of the stuff in. She decides to go back to her place to pick up more stuff and with her going back to her place; it was my job to organize. She left and I started to organize the TV stand – putting the TV in, hooking up the DVD player and putting all of our DVDs in the cabinets.
Bri came back for the last time for the night to drop off more items, including some canned food. I told her to leave it on the counter and I’ll store it for her. With her gone, I finished putting the DVDs away and then went back to the kitchen to unpack her food. After I was done, I was pretty proud of myself with how the kitchen is turning out. I stayed in the kitchen to clean and organized some more stuff. I ended up moving the microwave to a different corner of the kitchen. I’ll show the changes and moves I’ve made to Bri tomorrow and hopefully she’ll approve.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment