Last weekend was the Seafair Half Marathon. I got the opportunity to be one of the first people to run across the 520 floating bridge! Even thought I have ran a half marathon before and I've been running since, this was a harder run for me. Maybe it was because I have ran a half marathon before, so I wasn't just trying to finish, but trying to finish at a faster time. Another thing that was constantly on my mind coming up to the event was the heat wave that came to Seattle. We were in the mid-50's then suddenly the temperatures shot up to the high 80s - the overnight low for last Saturday was 63!Well, even with the heat and the extra pressure I put on myself, I did manage to finish the half marathon with a time of 02:13:43.1 (10:13 pace). A 20+ second pace improvement! That time surely surprised me, there were a few things that I wasted time on - spending too much time at the water stations and all the extra time I spent on the hills on the 2nd half of the race - I still finished strong. Anyway, enough reminiscing about the past event, my next big event is 5 months away.
No comments:
Post a Comment