Monday, July 14, 2008

I Joined a Gym

I am Joram and I joined a gym. There is a gym just down the road from my work, so the location is very convenient. I paid for a full year membership and with that, I also get a key to the gym, so I can workout even after hours. I don't really have plans for that, but I might do a morning workout sometime in the future. I got a quick tour of the gym today, it's not much, but it seems to have plenty of things I need for weight training.

I wrote down a little plan for my workout tomorrow, but I have no idea what I will be lifting. I haven't lifted free weights in such a long time, that I just don't know what my capabilities are on the weights. I think I will be spending the next few weeks just doing several lifts way below of my potential.

I plan to go lift weights at least twice a week. I am still uncertain how I will be able to schedule this around all my other plans - running and biking. I know I reduced my running to three times a week rather than four days. I was thinking that on my easy run day (Tuesday), I will also lift weights and on lift weights on Friday also. My plan kind of looks like this;

Sunday - long run
Monday - rest
Tuesday - easy run/weight training
Wednesday - bike
Thursday - tempo/speed run
Friday - bike/weight training
Saturday - rest

I think it looks good. I mix the weight training with some aerobics and I get two day off too! I'll see how this schedule works over the next few weeks. More muscles please.

No comments: