I am Joram and I ran the Huff & Puff. Well, most of it. As usual I got lost again.
With the weather finally clearing up and the sun coming out, I decided to go ahead and run on the Huff & Puff trail here in Shelton. I get there and it looks like there have been some changes in the trail since the last time I've ran it. Instead of the 1.5 miles with a 0.5 mile extra loop, it was separated into 5 loops that totaled 1.85 miles. I look over the map as I warm up doing some calisthenics. After a few minutes I decided to stop stalling and just hit the trail. A few moments later I realized that I did not dress warm enough for this run. The sun may be out, but this trail is in the woods so its still a few degrees colder than the street roads.
"I guess I better keep running to stay warm"
Hmm, I guess I was talking to myself again. Anyway, running on the trail felt much better on my joints and legs than on a treadmill. With my legs experiencing less pain, I got to run much longer. I did the first two loops with no problems and not stopping. I stopped/slowed for a moment when I came out of the 2nd loop when there was a map of the loops on the trail. I looked at it briefly and continued on to the third loop. The third loop was the longest of the five loops and I managed to do it without stopping. I finished the third loop at 12 1/2 minutes and I stopped jogging and walked for a minute. I got a few yards into the fourth loop and started running again. No problems and when I walked towards the end of the loop. I then walked to what I thought was the last loop. I started running and about a minute in the trail took a hard right and I was pretty sure I was supposed to go left. As I was questioning the trail, I ran right by a bench by the trail, so I then became pretty sure this was part of the trail. I keep running and then the trail ends much sooner than I had expected. I run over to the map by loop 2 and sure enough, I got lost. Either loop four or five was not even on the map. I decided to just hop over towards the end of the fifth loop and just run out of there. I may have skipped most of the fifth and last loop, but I did run some extra yardage.
Oh well, lessons learned. On another note, I need to remember that spit gets more, hmm, viscous. I ended up getting some spit on me on the run. What? I'm not embarrassed!
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
keep this up and you might become a runner :)
don't worry, real runners spit on themselves....err... i mean. gross. i've never done that. that's repulsive.
Post a Comment