Two weeks without a post?! Failure on my part... Well, what have I done in the last two weeks? Hmm~~~~
Amara's Potluck
A co-worker had a potluck.
Made some chicken adobo.
It starts snowing.
People cancel, I almost cancel too, but the roads weren't too bad.
People still show up - with food.
Lots of food, yummy.
I take some home, yummy.
Crazy weather in the NW
So it started out with some snow.
Then some rain.
Then some winds.
It just wouldn't stop raining.
So much rain that there was some flooding on my way to work
Luckily, that was the worst I got from the flooding, unlike the rest of the NW.
My roommate got stuck on a 4hour back up because Woodenville got flooded and some roads were closed.
Weather affect the resorts that my company owns.
Unfortunately, I work with those resorts, so I got a ridiculous amount of calls from them.
Yes, I know about the winds
Yes, I know about the rain
Yes, I know about the flooding
Yes, I know about the road closures
Yes, I know about the power outages
Yes, I know.
Luckily, things are much better now a week later.
Stefani's err, Broken Stilletos concert
Had a concert at a teen shelter in Bellevue
I park at Bellevue Square and walk the two blocks to the shelted
Oh god its soo cold!
It's alright, but like with most small venue concert, hard time hearing vocals.
Adam and P were there
We plan to see I am Legend at IMAX next weekend.
Well, I just want to see the new Batman trailer showing with IaL.
I visit my apt's gym.
It's small, but it has a treadmill.
I try out the treadmill.
I go a little too hard the first time, I jog/walk 24 mins (Nov. 30th)
Stabalizer muscles ache for about four days.
I go back, jog/walk 15 mins lift some weights, then jog/walk for 5 more mins (Dec. 5th)
I try this 15 min then 5 min at the end again (Dec. 7th).
Then last Sunday (9th) I jog/walk for just over 20 mins and travel 1.75 miles. Hmm, an 11.4 min/mile. I'm back to my 8th grade aerobic physic! I then go lift some weights. At the end, instead of running again, I hop on the bike machine and spin (is that word kids use nowadays?) for 6 mins as a cooldown. Yay for running, but I don't know how long I could do this - my knees start hurting after about 10 minutes. If it was some muscle ache, then fine, I'm just lame, but it's my joint. Then my roommate mentions to me about running at a 10min/mile pace will put a force of 3 times your body weight on your legs. I hear that and I just think of having that 430 lbs on my shoulder for a squat back in high school and oh boy! That was just squat, I wasn't running.
I definitely need to lift some weight with my legs - cause it causes your bones, ligaments, tendons to get stronger, which I will need if I'll be putting that much force on them. Bah I'm weak.
Oh yeah! I discover that with some modification with the weights machine in the gym, move the bar here, move the back there, it has a row lift. Execellent, I've wanted to add some lift for my back to my workout - that was the main reason I went to the apt gym, I can do pull downs on the machine.
Apple Pie
So I was looking for something to snack on towards Sunday evening and could find anything appealing. I go looking through the kitchen for a snack and start finding random stuff in the cupboards. First I find some pancake mix, hmm, yum. I find some spinach, must be my roommates, ooh pudding! Damn, I'm out of milk. What's this?! An apple pie kit. My roommate, Bri, decides that she's had the kit for a while and probably a good time to cook it now. Ohh, pie. Bri then starts making the pie - using a soda can as a rolling pin (that's Macguyverism). I would have stayed and watch, but I take my leave for some video game time. About an hour later, the pie was done. Bri immedietly have some eating a quater of the pie. I decide to have an eighth of the pie, but after finishing I decide to go back and eat another eighth. Well, towards the end of the evening, I see Bri again and she looks at me with a guilty look
"What?" I ask, "You ate the rest of the pie!?" I guessed.
"No! Just some more"
Well, she ate another eight of the pie and was now feeling guilty.
The next night, almost the same even occurs - Bri walks by my room with a guilty face, I ask, "What?".
She replies, "Keep food away from me!"
Apperantly she ate another quarter of the pie. There was still an eighth of the pie left, so I decided to grab that piece and take it to work before she eats it. I was thinking of baking some cake next weekend, but I'm sure she'll eat some and then blame me for being "fat".
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I barely remember what I did this morning, and you remember weeks of activity! Impressive.
sooo.... i like pie. what's your point?
btw, i think we're out of chocolate. i tend to watch it while eating The Biggest Loser.
and btw, i've lost weight even though I'm 'not supposed to be running' so no blame on you.
Post a Comment