Saturday, November 3, 2007

Sister (cont).

I sometimes ignore the fact that I had another life for the first eight years of my life in the Philippines (PI). Sure it was brief, but many things happened. One that usually think about is that I have a godson in the PI and I haven't seen him in over seven years. The last time I saw him, I promised him that I would write him, but I didn't write one letter. Bad me. Of course I have a lot of family over there too, a lot I've never even met or if I have, it was when I was young and just don't remember.

I don't usually think about my extended family or just family outside of my Mom and little brother. Well, coming to my mom's for the weekend made me think about my extended family a bit more, since she was telling about my cousin this and cousin that and just several stories. After hearing those stories, I decided to check out friendster.com, since I have three cousins on there that I could check on, and sure enough they have a few things on there about their life - One is expecting his first child, and one has been climbing mountains left and right in the PI. After reading looking through a couple of my cousin's account I notice had some messages. I check out the message and it's from my SISTER. Wait, what?!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't normally talk about my dad, mainly because I don't know enough about him and some of the things I do know, well, I kind of just go into denial - My mom was not my dad's first, wife(?). Before I left for the states, my dad took me to the country side there I met another woman and two boys who were a little older than me. I'm pretty sure their my older brothers, but I've never confirmed this with anyone - not with my mom, dad, or other relatives, no one.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Back in 1993, I went back to PI, after being in the US for four years and I got to see my dad one evening. One of my cousin, me, my dad, and a bodyguard(?) went out for some food and some nightly activities. At the end of the evening, he and my mom talked and I don't know what happened, but my mom ended the conversation crying. I would later hear that my dad had found another woman and already had a baby girl - I only heard this story once, I never confirmed this story from any other source. Well, this baby girl, is probably the sister that is now contacting me through friendster.com.
~~~~~~~~~~~
A few years ago, I received this letter from PI address to me at my mom's house. I open it and find two pictures. One boy and one girl. On the the back of the pictures are short written message calling me kuya (a term used from brother at PI) and saying their names. What?! If the pictures didn't creep me out enough, there was a middle eastern address inside the envelope. What? What? What?! I hid this envelope with these pictures (probably in one of my shoe boxes in my room) and never told anyone about this. Yeah, that's right, all five of you of my audience, know something very secret about me. I never received another letter, but now, since those kids are now old enough to use and surf the Internet, one of them have found me.
~~~~~~~~~~
I questioned myself if I should reply back to my sister. I mean, is she really my sister? What kind of person would get a kick about pretending to be my sister? How many people know I have other siblings?! What?! What?! what?! ... Our dad has passed away and it seems her mom is in Qatar (I may be mistaken, my tagalog is not up to par). I've decided to write her back. I hope my gut feeling is wrong (This is going to end badly), but she is on the other side of the world and it's just communication through the Internet.

1 comment:

World of BRi said...

k. let's talk about this when you get home.