So finding out about my sister last week kind of just made me stop for a moment - the last time I was in the Philippines I had a lot of fun. Do I want to go back? I told myself a long time ago that I just couldn't live there anymore, things would just be so different.
And then I watched Shanghai Kiss - I bought this a few weeks ago, but I only watched it last Monday. It's an alright film, a rental or just wait for it on AZN tv, but it's about;
A struggling Chinese-American actor, who unwittingly finds himself involved with a high school girl, learns he has inherited his grandmother's home in Shanghai. The American-raised character moves to China in an attempt to connect with his ancestry, leaving behind quite possibly the only girl who has ever loved him.
(Straight out of IMDB). Anyway, yeah, I found myself thinking, "Yeah, I should attempt to connect with my ancestry."
This film is sooo about me! Asian in america, finding a connection in his homeland, crying in bed when with a woman, girl... well, no I'm not involved with a girl. Ok, only a few parallels.
Lost my thought...
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment