As I've mentioned, I ran a 5k today, and I smashed my old and first 5k time. This event didn't have chip timing, so the time is unofficial, but I ran the 5k in 26:29. That is a pace of 8:32 per mile and a 2 minute improvement from my Love Em or Leave Em run. I think I could get it to the 7 minutes, but I would rather focus my running on distance to prepare for a marathon. But 7 minutes... that would just be awesome... no, no, one goal at a time.
Yes, as much as I would like to shave just over 32 seconds per mile on my 5k, I need to focus on my goal of running a marathon first. Oh wait, I don't think I've mentioned it on my blog yet - I've signed up to run the Seattle Marathon at the end of Novemeber. Yes! All 26.2 miles in one day. Wish me luck on my training.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment